Can't Catch A Break

Monday, July 21, 2008

I've mellowed.

Sorry to the dude I hit, whoever you are.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

• Crap...you OK?

By Blogger Hip, at July 21, 2008 7:39 AM

• Incorrect. Bike racing is NOT sprinting through a field of fallen riders.

One might notice that all the other riders either halted their forward progress or slowed it down to a crawl so to avoid hitting fallen riders or those who were trying to get up.

Those bike racers demonstrated that they have a respect for the well being not only of themselves but of those with whom they race above the desire to finish 22nd.

And yes Dazzlepants it's clear in the video that you in fact cannot catch a break, either of them for that matter.

Oh, and I'm sure you won't like this comment but when you post such obnoxious comments on your blog you invite responses such as this one... So I might add:

PSA #4: If you don't like the response, don't post in the first place.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 21, 2008 7:56 AM

• anonymous:

In hindsight, it is clear that I did not make the correct choice at the end of the race.

During that fraction of a second my only goal was getting to the line. I'm not trying to defend my action, just explain a reason. I have learned a valuable lesson. If I find myself in this situation again, I'd like to think that even if I can't avoid a collision altogether, I'll at least be able to mitigate the damage by being more sensible.

Your comment is not unwelcome. It's constructive. I've edited the PSA post now that I've had more time to think about it.

And again, I apologize to the rider I hit.

If he's reading this, if it's any consolation, it appears from the video that I took it a lot worse than you did.

By Blogger recursive, at July 21, 2008 8:57 AM

• i know jeff and can pass along the message. glad you're alright man.

By Blogger Chris, at July 21, 2008 10:30 AM

• oh, nevermind... jeff was involved in the first incident... still man, glad you're okay.

By Blogger Chris, at July 21, 2008 10:32 AM

• In Tom's defense, when you watch the video notice that another rider also goes over the bars at the same time on the other side of the road and note just how long Tom had to react.

Nasty stuff happening in a matter of 3 seconds.

jdub