Can't Catch A Break

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Some public service announcements

I've removed the original post. It was posted as soon as I got home, and definitely does not represent how I feel.

Guilty parties shouldn't point fingers.

I hope everyone heals up fast.

I've got a PSA for myself: Goal #1 in bike racing is the safety of all of the riders.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

• Bloody wicked. Ugly ugly ugly.

Hope all is okay.

Don't watch the Youtube video. :^]

jdub

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 21, 2008 12:51 AM

• Was that "dazzlepants" who t-boned the guy in the video who is just standing up?

Maybe "dazzlepants" should have kept his head up too, because dazzlepants wasn't anywhere near the money.

By Blogger Matt, at July 21, 2008 6:46 AM

• It was. I was neither being clearheaded at the end of that race, nor when I posted this. It all happened in a split second, and at that moment, my only goal was getting to the line.

I apologize to the guy I hit. At this point, I'm not sure if I could have avoided a collision, but I certainly could have reduced the damage.

Again, I apologize. If you check my next entry, which was posted a few hours later, you'll see my shift in attitude. I'll edit this post to reflect that as well.

I hope everyone will be ok.

By Blogger recursive, at July 21, 2008 8:48 AM

• We've all been there and I'd be a hypocrite to pretend that I haven't lost my temper. Hope you're OK too.

By Blogger Matt, at July 21, 2008 9:04 AM

• The dude in yellow has been at the past two races and seems to be fine. He even appears thrilled to have been made famous on YouTube.

By Blogger Luke, at July 22, 2008 8:24 PM

• Thanks for the update. Glad to hear he's doing well. I still have some pain in my back. At this point, I'm done reflecting, and am looking forward to more racing. I hope to be able to resume racing on Thursday.

By Blogger recursive, at July 22, 2008 8:43 PM